Terms & Conditions
The following conditions apply to the hire of any item including marquees and any other piece of equipment by us, Marquee Events (North) Ltd T/A Marquee Events to you, the customer. In these conditions, the word ‘equipment’ includes any item hired by us to you.
The terms of these conditions can only be altered with our written agreement. No condition contained in any booking form or other communication by you which is inconsistent with any of these conditions will be deemed to have been accepted unless we have agreed to your condition in writing.
Upon payment of a deposit to Marquee Events you formally agree to all terms and conditions outlined in this document
1. Acceptance of Quotation
No binding contract will exist until you have accepted our quotation in writing and/or paid the required deposit or monies in full, as required, and we have issued you with a written acknowledgment of your acceptance. Quotations remain valid for 30 days from the date stated, unless otherwise agreed, provided that the equipment is still available. Please note that deposits are non refundable
2. Basis of Quotation
All quotations are made subject to the following understandings:
- Hire charges do not include attendance by our employees for any purpose other than erecting and dismantling marquees unless otherwise stated.
- Period of hire means the period for which the equipment is required to be ready for use.
- The size and surface of the site are suitable for erection of the marquee.
- You have informed us of any drains, pipes, cables or other obstacles which might affect the site. It should be noted that the pegs holding marquees may be driven up to one metre into the ground. You should note that you are responsible for repairing and making good any damage caused to the site by erection or dismantling of any equipment.
- The site must be cleared of all obstacles prior to delivery of our equipment. If we have to move any obstacles, we will not be held liable for any damage as a result of this.
- You will be liable for any additional costs or charges of Marquee Events (North) Limited in the event that extra work or equipment outside the terms of a quotation is required, or the equipment is required or used for any period outside the period of hire. These charges will be deducted from the cardholders debit/credit card as applicable.
3. Order Confirmation and Amendments
- Only those items listed on customer quotations/invoices will be delivered.
- It is contingent upon the client to ensure that all goods / services ordered appear correctly on the order list as required. ONLY items which appear on the order list will be delivered. Any amendments must be made prior to the order being dispatched. Please ensure your order list is correct and complete as it will not be possible to amend your order less than 21 days prior to the event.
- All changes to existing orders must be in writing and will only be agreed once written confirmation is received by the client.
- Your order can be continually changed / amended up until the cut off point of 21 days prior to your event.
- A minimum deposit of 25% of the total hire invoice must be paid prior to ourselves acknowledging the booking. This deposit is none refundable
- No more than 50% of the balance can be outstanding 6 months prior to the event commencement date.
- 100% of the balance is to be paid no later than 45 days prior to the event commencement date.
- If payment is not made on the due date, you shall be liable for interest on any amount outstanding at a rate of 2% per week.
- All equipment hired remains at all times the sole property of Marquee Events (North) Limited. You may not sub-hire or part with possession of the equipment and you may not allow any lien or encumbrance to be created over the equipment.
6. Smoking in Enclosed Public Places
- Responsibility for complying with current smoking legislation rests with the customer for the duration of the marquee hire.
- In the event that you cancel the contract, any deposit that you have paid shall be forfeit. In addition, you will be liable to pay the following percentage of the hire charge quoted dependent on the period of notice given prior to date of commencement of the hire. The deposit shall be deducted from the percentage payable
|Period of Notice||Percentage of the Total Hire Charge|
|More than 90 days||50% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater|
|45 to 90 days||75% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater|
|Up to 45 days||100%|
- All cancellation charges will be deducted from the cardholders debit/credit card as applicable.
8. Smoking in Public Places
- Responsibility for complying with current smoking legislation rests with the customer for the duration of the marquee hire.
- Under no circumstances is smoking permitted in any of our enclosed Marquees or open Marquees where linings are present.
We shall not be liable for delay or failure to complete any contracts as a result of:
- The site being unsuitable or access being unavailable on the date stated for delivery
- Adverse wind or weather conditions
- Loss or damage to equipment by fire or flood
- Any industrial dispute, lock-out or strike
- Any cause outside our control including traffic congestion
- Grass sites which have not been cut
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that suitable parking arrangements are made for both delivery and collection of goods. All parking fines incurred will be charged to the client in full + the current rate of VAT.
- Marquee Events (North) Ltd reserve the right to charge an additional fee in respect of sites deemed to be awkward or overly time consuming for delivery, collection and/or setup
- Additional delivery and collection charges will be deducted from the cardholders debit/credit card as applicable.
11. Non-availability/supply of Equipment
- If for reasons beyond our control any item of equipment booked is not available for the period of hire, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative size of marquee or other equipment to meet, as near as possible, your requirements. If we do so you will not have any claim against us. In the event that we cannot substitute suitable alternative sizes of equipment we shall notify you of cancellation of the contract in which event any deposit or other monies paid by you will be refunded immediately, but otherwise no claim shall lie against us.
- Hire goods provided by Marquee Events (North) may in certain circumstances differ slightly from the photo images shown on our website, although every effort will be made to provide the goods as displayed in photo form on our website. We reserve the right to substitute articles of a similar nature.
12. Limitation of Liability
- In the event that we fail to fulfil any terms of the hire contract our liability is limited to refund or cancellation of any hire charges. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss or profit or otherwise) cost expenses or other claim for compensation whatsoever whether caused by the negligence of ourselves, our employees or agents or otherwise which arise out of or in connection with the hire of the equipment and our entire liability under and in connection with the hire contract shall not exceed the amount of hire charges. This condition shall not apply to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Marquee Events (North) ltd will only reimburse the cost of hire of equipment that is found by us to be faulty or inadequate and will not be responsible for any other costs incurred by the faulty or inadequate equipment.
13. Care of equipment
- You are responsible for and shall indemnify us against any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause.
- If required, you must provide to us proof of having arranged insurance in your name for the hired equipment at least 7 days prior to the delivery date of the equipment, as applicable.
- You must ensure that all equipment is adequately heated when necessary so as to protect the equipment from frost, snow or ice damage, and you must ensure that the collection or building up of snow on any equipment is not allowed.
- Electrical equipment must be removed from the marquee and stored in a dry secure place if there is any chance of severe moist or cold conditions within the marquee.
- No cooking within the Marquee without prior consent and even then, only permitted within designated areas
- Given the risk of damage to a marquee in windy conditions you must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all openings are firmly closed when not in use and are open only for the purposes of entering and leaving the marquee. In extreme wind conditions the marquee sides should be left open to reduce wind resistance on the marquee. Should wind conditions be a cause for concern clients must telephone Marquee Events (North) immediately where an emergency contact number will be available.
- Deliveries left at premises unattended are left at the Hirer’s risk.
- Damage, shortages, and breakages will be charged at full replacement cost.
- In the event of wind gusting regularly at 40 mph or more, Marquee Events (North) Ltd reserve the right to charge the hirer for staff to be present on site as necessary.
- The Hirer agrees to leave the Marquee and furniture in a clean state in order that the marquee to be dismantled at the stated time. In cases where the Marquee is left in an unreasonable state then a cleaning charge will be applied.
14. Emergency Call Out
Should an emergency call out of Marquee Events (North) Ltd’ staff be made this will be charges at such rates as Marquee Events (North) Ltd require with regard to the time and nature of the call out and Marquee Events (North) Ltd necessary expenses in dealing with the call out except here such an emergency is caused by defective materials or Marquee Events (North) Ltd negligence.
15. Health & Safety
- In extreme wind conditions the marquee sides should be left open to reduce wind resistance on the marquee. Should wind conditions be a cause for concern clients must telephone Marquee Events (North) Ltd immediately.
- Marquee Events (North) ltd will not take any responsibility for damage caused by use of goods and equipment hired. Particular attention should be paid to surfaces on which water boilers, burner rings, hot plates, hot cupboards, and bain maries are standing.
- During and after snowfall, the hirer must ensure that all marquee structure roofs and connecting roof valleys are fully clear of snow before entering the structure. Snow should be cleared at frequent intervals to avoid snow loading or any build up of snow.
- In the unlikely event of extreme weather conditions, Marquee Events (North) Ltd does reserve the right to cancel any contract which it considers the weather conditions might pose a risk to health and safety and/or property. Marquee Events (North) shall not be held liable for any costs incurred by the cancellation.
16. Access, Delivery & Collection
- The Hirer must have obtained all necessary permits from local authorities or Site owners prior to the delivery of the Equipment and must draw the Site owner’s attention to clause 12.1 as soon as possible before the Hire Period begins.
- The Hirer must notify Marquee Events (North) Ltd of and clearly mark out any drains, pipes, underground or overhead cables or other obstacles, which may affect the Site. Marquee stakes may be driven up to 1 metre into the ground. Marquee Events (North) Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage to any services and the Hirer will indemnify and keep indemnified Marque Events (North) Ltd in respect of any liability and costs to a third party arising out of such damage.
- You must have the site available and in a suitable condition for the setup and collection of the equipment at the time stated for delivery and collection. You should either be available personally or have a representative available at the site at the time stated for delivery and collection. You must check equipment delivered and sign the appropriate sign off sheet. If you are not present and do not have a representative at the site at the time of delivery:
- Before Marquee Events (North) Ltd’ staff leave the Site a joint Site inspection is necessary between the Hirer and Marquee Events (North) Ltd’ staff at which the Hirer must raise any queries concerning defects/errors/omissions. If the Hirer is not available for the joint inspection at the time of Delivery or Collection then Marquee Events (North) Ltd will carry out an inspection which will be deemed to be acceptable. Marquee Events (North) Ltd will charge for any return visits to the Site to make good any issues not raised at this inspection.
- We will erect any marquee(s) in such a manner and location as we consider appropriate provided that we shall follow in so far as possible any plan supplied by you.
- We will deliver and place the equipment in a location we consider appropriate.
- If you require us to move any marquee or equipment already delivered for any reason you will be liable for an additional charge.
- If we are required to redeliver or collect as a result of you or your representative not being available at the delivery time or collection time arranged by Marquee Events (North) Limited, you will be liable for an additional charge.
- Charges will be incurred for any additional journeys over and above the standard delivery and collection service.
- Equipment shall be supplied in full working order. Should the hirer encounter difficulty in operating the equipment, Marquee Events (North) Ltd will not be held responsible for rectifying any problems whilst in possession of the hirer.
- Any inaccuracies in the measurements, calculations and/or other information provided by the hirer shall not be the responsibility of Marquee Events (North) Ltd. Full charges will apply even if the equipment cannot be set up. Marquee Events North (Ltd) will not be obliged to carry out any additional work as a result of these inaccuracies. Full charges will apply for time taken for remedial work and extra journeys for any additional work it does agree to carry out.
- The above additional charges will be deducted from the cardholders debit/credit card as applicable.